|Protect Yourself Online:
- Apply common sense before opening any e-mail, especially if the title of the email attachment appears vague or unfamiliar.
- Be suspicious of e-mail that creates a false sense of urgency, or that makes offers that sound too good to be true.
- Be wary of opening e-mail attachments especially from anyone you do not know.
- Do not open an e-mail attachment if you do not know the person who sent it.
- Do not open web links in any e-mail if you suspect that the e-mail is vague or unfamiliar.
- Do not have an "e-mail preview" option as a default viewing option in your e-mail inbox.
- Pay attention to the URL for all sites you are visiting.
- Be slow to give out personal information. Watch out for requests for your mother's maiden name.
- Always use firewall and anti-virus software and keep all filtering and security (anti-virus) software up-to-date.
- Perform a complete virus scan on your computer at least once a week
Also, be aware of on-line "Phishing"
Please be aware of a current online scam aimed at retrieving your personally identifiable information. This malicious activity is referred to as "phishing."
You may receive an e-mail, designed to look like it is from one of your current service providers (OpenBand or other.) The e-mail will request that you visit a website to update account information. Please note that OpenBand never request such information in this manner.
Exercise Extreme Caution:
These are elaborate scams, and the e-mails and fake websites can be very deceiving. Customers should be extra careful when providing anyone with personally identifiable or sensitive information such as social security or credit card numbers. Sensitive information in the wrong hands can lead to identity theft and other harmful crimes.
OpenBand does frequently distribute information by Customer Service E-mail. These Customer Service E-mails will come from the following e-mail address: email@example.com
If you ever question or have concerns about an e-mail from OpenBand, please contact OpenBand Customer Service at (703) 961-1110.